Your pet’s health is our #1 priority.
We provide a range of medical, surgical, preventative, behavioral, and dental care. We can help with skin issues, including skin infections and allergies. Dental care runs the gamut from cleaning and polishing teeth to dental X-Rays and extractions. Our on-site laboratory can provide vital information in a timely manner. We offer behavioral consultations and referrals. We can customize a vaccine protocol to fit your pet’s lifestyle (no unnecessary vaccines). We can help your pet lose weight or gain weight. We carry a number of specialty diets that address a variety of health problems. We can board your pet while you are away.
To help us keep things running smoothly:
- Please call ahead for an appointment: 802-388-2691
- Animals may be uneasy in the waiting room. Please keep your pet on a leash, in a carrier, or securely in your arms
- Admission for surgical and other procedures is between 7:30 and 8:30 AM. Please follow preoperative instructions carefully
- Animals discharged the same day of their procedure are generally ready to go after 4 PM. Please call us after 2 PM to check on your pet’s status. Please allow enough time when picking up your pet to review home care instructions with one of our veterinary technicians.
- Please call after 9AM for an update on your hospitalized pet’s condition
- Visiting a sick pet in the hospital can be healing for the pet. Feel free to ask us if this is right for your pet.
- Please call ahead for prescription refills. This will allow us to have it ready for you when you arrive.
Because we have multiple doctors, we are usually able to schedule urgent cases the same day. Regardless of the reason for your pet’s visit, we will attempt to accommodate your schedule to the best of our ability.
To request an appointment call: 802-388-2691.
Emergency & Urgent Care
Emergencies can happen at any time. We strive to provide urgent and emergency care during our regular business hours. After hours, we work primarily with Burlington Emergency and Veterinary Specialist (BEVS), 802-863-2387. BEVS provides the best and most comprehensive emergency care in Vermont. Peak Veterinary Veterinary Referral Center in Williston is offering urgent care service from 12 PM to 8 PM: 802-878-2022
Types of Pets Seen
Because we have four veterinarians practice at Middlebury Animal Hospital, we can care for many types of pets:
*Select veterinarians only. Please call us for more information.
Contact your Middlebury veterinarian today!
Have questions? We’re here to help!